Know your rights if you are in a trucking accident in Knoxville, TN.
The trucking industry is busier than ever in today’s world of online shopping and chances are if you purchased it in a store, a truck brought it.
The industry is extremely competitive and carriers often take short-cuts, violate regulations and hire unqualified drivers. Many times, the results are a fatal, yet preventable tragedy. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2016, there were:
- 475,000 police-reported crashes involving large trucks.
- 3,864 fatal crashes and 104,000 injury crashes.
- 0 fatal large truck crashes per million people in the United States in 2012 which is a 13% increase from 2010.
- On average 1.12 fatalities in fatal crashes involve large truck.
- 91% of those crashes had only one fatality.
- 83%, the majority, of those fatalities were not the occupant of the truck.
There are many common causes of trucking accidents and fatalities. Some of these are: improper maintenance, driver fatigue, speeding, bad weather, driver intoxication, failure to yield the right of way, improper maintenance, failure to yield the right of way.
We are By Your Side. On Your Side. Every Step Of The Way.
If you or your loved one have been the victim of an accident involving a tractor trailer it is important that you contact us immediately. Time is of the essence. There are important steps that need to be taken immediately:
- Accident Investigation to include interviewing witnesses, visiting the accident scene, photographing the scene and vehicles involved, etc.
- Preventing valuable information from being destroyed by issuing a preservation of evidence letter
- Hiring an accident reconstructionist
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Collecting medical records and billing
- Collecting and gathering evidence to protect you and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve
Our trial experience is invaluable in these types of accidents and it is important that we get to work right away on your case.
Accidents involving tractor trailers are much more common than you may think.
Far too many times, tractor trailer accidents involve serious if not fatal injuries. It is important that you have an experienced attorney on your side. Contact us to discuss the merits of your case. We understand how difficult it is to deal with the pain and or loss experienced as the result of a trucking accident. Call us for a free consultation at (865) 770-3741.
Proven & Trusted
We're standing by to fight for you.
Proven & trusted Knoxville attorney with over 50 years of experience.
The Bond Law Firm believes you deserve the best attorney in Knoxville. Mr. Bond provides an honest straight forward assessment of your case and does not win you over with grandiose promises. Mr. Bond will back up everything he tells you.
Why should you choose The Bond Law Firm?
Over 75 years of personal injury experience on your side.